c.1925 Regal Banjo Ukulele


This is a pretty nice and simple banjo uke probably built by Regal. Features include a very cool 4-piece block-style rim (as opposed to steamed and wrapped around in a laminate as per the usual style) with brass tonering and all-original hardware. The bridge is a period non-tip that I've cut down and spaced for uke string spacing. Oh, and did I mention the finish is a cool crimson red and there's one of those bizarro "Egyptian" style decals on the headstock?


Yes, right direct from the chocolate company...


Detail.


Headstock.


Painted board, painted dots, and brass frets. What more?


Bridge.


Simple tailpiece.


Side view.


Interestingly enough this has a rim cap. Also: the hardware is in great shape! Polished up to a gleam relatively easily.


Back.


Bakelite tuners.


Neck brace.


Tailpiece area again. Oh, and it sounds good, and plays well, too!

Comments

Josh said…
This looks delicious!

Are you showing client's instruments, or only your own?
I agree... it makes me want to eat it. Like a raspberry pie or cranberry juice.

I show a mix of both but mostly instruments I find myself to repair and then sell.

With everyone gearing up for their summer gigs, however and needing setups, etc., I might snag a few photos of customers' instruments as they come through.

Jake
Unknown said…
I just picked up an instrument with the same decal on the headstock. It is blonde with black accents. Also, it has a back with F holes rather than a cross bar and hooks. Interesting.