c.1930 P'MICo by Regal Soprano Ukulele


This is a nice little soprano uke -- bell-like tone, poppy, loud, and sweet. It's also made entirely from flamed/curly mahogany and is bound on the top, back, soundhole, fretboard and headstock in cream celluloid -- a touch of class! While branded P'MICo (Progressive Musical Instrument Company? I think...?) this was made in Chicago by Regal -- the evidence of that being all over it in overall build, bracing, neck shape, scale length, and dimensions.

Did I mention I have a high regard for these 1920s/1930s Regals? They're tops for the money and are perfect (because they're loud) in a band atmosphere.


Lookin' good.


Cool headstock recalls Hawaiian-made ukes and late 1800s Buckbee banjos.


I love the bound neck.





FLAME!





...and s'more here, too!


Pegs look like 1950s/60s replacements.






FLAME!

Oh right -- my work included a bridge reglue, fret dress, cleaning, and setup. Did I mention this fellow has no cracks whatsoever? Nice...!

Comments