c.1925 Bruno "Wizard" Tiple

First let me brag about the sushi we made last night: yum! Next let me brag about this fine instrument: this is a tiple built most likely by Regal and sold by Bruno under the "Wizard" brand name. It dates from about 1925 and has the coolest sound ever: it's nearly as big as a 12-string in terms of how much space its tone range fills. For those not in the know, a tiple of this variety (pronounced tee-play) is an American adaptation of a South American instrument. In this carnation, devised by the Martin Co., it's a 10 metal-string instrument with four courses (2/3/3/2) and is tuned like an ADF#B soprano uke. Personally, I like the deeper tone a step down, like a GCEA uke, though.

The body size and bracing is practically identical to a tenor uke though more heavily built. Almost all of these old tiples I've seen (especially in online auctions) have had their bridges ripped off and their necks loose. This one was fortunately picked up by myself with the bridge firmly glued and the neck firmly in its pocket. Thank ye, gods! That isn't to say I didn't do any work: there were some hairlines and loose seams, and the main top brace needed replacing, among other general setup concerns.

Headstock with the "Wizard" brand in ivoroid. Rosewood veneer plate.

Detail.

Here you can see the stringing: octaves on the GC & E strings, pairing on the As. Rosewood fretboard.

I admire the purfling, celluloid binding, and rosette on this uke. Very generically "American" look to it. As you can see, the spruce top has had a lot of pick wear over the years.

Original bridge. Fret saddle. I'm going to replace this with bone the next time I change the strings (which will get the action down just a hair, too -- currently it's about 1/8" at the 12th but I like to maximize my playability!).

Label inside. It's got a missing back brace -- but no worries there.

Sides -- made of birch, as is the neck and back, too.

Detail.

Back. Crazy birch patterns.

Back.

Original tuners work like a charm.

Neck -- which has a nice V profile.

Side.

Side.

End.
Comments
Two questions: this has the same label but a slotted headstock with ebony veneer -- it also looks to be about 1925 -- was the slotted head earlier, later, or just a different model?
since the bridge is off, should I replace the saddle with a bone/fake ivory (Martinoid) saddle? the current saddle material looks like fret wire -- and is too narrow for an bone saddle. how did you attach the new saddle to the bridge?
A much harder project than yours, but I'm expecting a great reward...
I am wondering what this is...do have photos...
I am moving abroad and am unsure about storing it for multiple years.