Upcoming this week...

The Wildwood Family has been doing a lot of stuff over the past few days which means I've been neglecting to post fun instruments. I'm going to tease you a bit on what I think's gonna get done in the near future...

First off, I gave myself a bit of stolen time to build a "reverb ukulele" out of some spare parts and an old fruit cake can and the result is very cool. I've also been toying with homemade "acoustic reverb" devices on instruments and voice and I'll be posting about how to make some simple hardware-store solutions to give yourself a spring reverb sound on instruments with round soundholes.

Next, I've been plugging away at a customer's 1/2 size old carved double bass and a host of other customer ukes and guitars. One of the most fun is an 1890s-era Washburn "parlor" with rosewood back and sides that's going to get a bit of tweaking and a pickup installed.

I'm also going to try to make a post about various stringing techniques for the oddball tiple as I've tried a bunch of different configurations to pull different sounds out of it.

Comments

punky_stuff said…
i appreciate you for sharing high-grade content article. and i look forward to read more of your works. thanks for this one.

www.n8fan.net