Local Flavor: Getting Darker, Getting Colder


Summer is just about at an end. The kids go back to school tomorrow and our last "pre-school" day was spent lazing around. The kids and I were swimming down at the river for four and a half hours. They have stamina! I made a new railing for the path (it's located in one of our parking areas) so everyone visiting doesn't have to risk life and limb just to get down there.


Later on I got to take a few shots with Bonnie (my wife's) new-to-us Leica D-Lux 109, courtesy of Mr. Dan from Tamarkin Camera. I can't tell you how much joy we've gotten from the glass he's provided us over the past few years (including all the blog shots since the middle of 2012).


Here's Tengu, the cat that adopted our family on July 4th. He just showed-up, like some Japanese folk tale, in our barn... and hasn't left, since. He loves to scour the garden for critters.


This is down by the river. All of this stuff was shot in pretty dang low light -- so you can get a sense of what this puppy can do. I love new camera day! Now I have to save my pennies and upgrade the Leica doing work on the instrument side!

Comments

Ed Gilkison said…
Great photos! Keep 'em coming -(:o)