1990s Fender Alexus 30 Dreadnought Guitar





This is almost a "why even post this?" instrument. The interior label reads that this is an Alexxus 30 (or Alexus 30, depending on how you see their weird double-x mark) made in Korea and, as you might expect, it's a pretty typical entry-level import dreadnought. Its body is entirely ply, x-braced, and has a satin finish that has turned (by exposure to something) into a filmy, icky-looking substance with traces of sparkle in it. Strange!

Regardless of what it is, after installing a new saddle (the original was split in any number of ways), adding string ramps, and setting it up -- it's actually not a bad box at all. Like you'd expect, the ply top gives the high-end of the guitar a zippy/plinky quality, but the mids and lower mids are just fine to chug along for singing with. It does its job -- providing a decent, warm guitar sound on the cheap -- as intended. Still, I can't imagine what this would've played like when new and minus a setup -- I'm sure it wasn't all that comfortable.




The mystery-wood bridge was painted black at the factory. The saddle is new, compensated bone.





Comments

Looks a lot like a Fender Gemini II - same periode, same orgins, same headstock, same quality
Dan said…
I’ve got an Alexxus 30, too. Wife bought it for me many years ago. Not a bad entry-level guitar. Funny though that when I tried (today) to get some info on this guitar from Fender customer relations I was told they had no record of this model in their product database,
bobby said…
what size saddle did you use?
Unknown said…
Hi There :) ,
How much can I ask for a guitarr like this one today? I´m from Argentina. Thanks!
I picked up a used one with the case hard case for $75 . And after plying it for several weeks the sound was stingy so I found the bridge was cracked spit no good. So I ordered a new bridge with buffalo bone saddle, nut, and pegs for $15 . I found it on E bay. Once I made the change and the repair with 10-46 gauge Ernie Ball strings. It sounds awesome. They put plastic bridge nut sndcsaddle on at factory. For $15 and a U-Tube video . aI made it sound incredible and now it is a keeper. Steve Brochu Noethbridge Mass.
Pillsbury 3000 said…
I have a Alex us 30 with no serial number is this common?