Ephemera: Army Recruiting, South Mountain Rangers, Etc.


Above is a '60s Army recruiting photo (as stated on a picture of the back). I'm not sure how I feel about it, but at least the mandolinist is using a trusty Strad-O-Lin!




These folks are the South Mountain Rangers (the back had something about Franklin County, PA on it and they have excellent taste! I spy a '30s Gibson Advanced Jumbo (possibly with a later pickguard?), Kay-made archtop mandolin, a '40s Epiphone flattop in the back, and what looks like a '30s 5-string banjo. I'm assuming this was shot in the '40s.


How about a pipe and a mid-'60s Harmony 000?


I feel like I've posted this before, but maybe not. At any rate, it's a fantastic shot aboard some sort of ship. I'm loving the spread of instruments -- uke, bowlback mandolin, banjo mandolin, and a nice '20s Gibson archtop guitar.

Comments