Local Flavor: Car Band-Aid


Last week the coil spring on my '01 Volvo XC70 broke and turned into this knife-like bit that sliced my new-ish tire up from the inside. Grar! On Monday I cut the broken bit off and...



...then duct-taped the coil flush with the strut so I could get my freshly-re-tired wheel back on and bring it up to get the coil replaced. I've never seen/had this happen before, so I wanted to share my woe.

These are the charms of Vermont life due to the absurd amount of pot-holes, frost-heaves, and general winter nonsense on our roads. Oh, old car stuff, too -- yup.

Comments

daverepair said…
Ouch! Bummer! Like my old Chevy plow truck: how come it always breaks down, during a snowstorm?...
Rob Gardner said…
One of the first things John Deering said when he had my old Volvo up on the rack after I moved up here was "This is not a Vermont car, is it?" Just not enough road damage...