2007 Hill Guitar Company Crossover Parlor Classical Guitar




A customer brought this pretty box in for a crack repair (he'd punctured the side) and that meant I got to take it for a spin after patching it up. This is a lovely little guitar (0 in width but a hair smaller than 0 size lengthwise) that sounds about three times as large as it is. Really -- it's got a voice! The cutaway makes me think I'm playing a requinto with the rest of the mariachi band but the longer (~25") scale length and sound tell me it's clearly a well-made "grown man's guitar."

I haven't had any experience with Hill Guitar Company instruments in the past, but I'm pleased to say I'm impressed. The attention to detail everywhere is evident -- the tuners are classy, the purfling and rosette are precise and crisp, the construction is clean throughout, and it has nice features like a slim/easy neck and radiused fretboard. It feels modern.














Comments