Local Flavor: Back to Work!


Last week I spent "off" providing music for my friend Ethan's set of plays based on Irish folk tales, fairie stories, and mythology. That's me with my mini-orchestra: 6-string mandocello (via guitar), mandola, folk drums and bells, small reed organ, banjo uke, and fiddle. These shows are intense as they're put-together entirely in a week and then performed 5 times. It went well and fun was had by all, but I always have the overhanging feeling of guilt for abandoning my workshop. There's always a few people who come for the Doc and he's AWOL!

This week has already arrived with a bang. I spent my two off-days rearranging my workshop a great deal and, at the end of it, I have a tidy and non-claustrophobic space once again. Today I rampaged through a number of instruments and while I'm too beat to post in full about all of them tonight, quick glances at my YouTube channel and my Instagram feed will give you quick updates.

I'm going to be a whirlwind in the shop this week, so if you're needing help on-the-quick, please just keep calling during shop hours. Emails piled-up a lot and I have to do more with the hands than the brain this week to get myself back on schedule.

Comments