Much to Share, Much to Do

It's been a long week. I've kept really busy, too! I have a lot of cool customer gear to show-off tomorrow: a nice 1890s Fairbanks 5-string, 1890s Luscomb banjeaurine (real rare), 1920s Oscar Schmidt Sovereign banjo mandolin, and a consignor's 1990s fancy-pants requinto.

If I had more time, I'd also take shots and clips of all the other stuff passing the bench -- there's been a handful of older nice Taylors in for repair as well as weird old electrics, pretty mandolins, and whatnot that haven't made it to the blog. I might just start taking "on the bench" snapshots of this stuff before it packs-up and leaves. I think I've gotten a bit relaxed into the photo-shoot pattern.

Other fun stuff coming-up includes a '50s Southern Jumbo and '50s Country Western, other 1880s/1890s bling-tastic banjos, a whole slew of various fiddles, and -- of course -- lots more guitars.

Our event on Thursday turned-out swell and both videos and photos from it will get uploaded as I have time to edit them. I'm thinking next-month's one will be even better!

In long-term news, I'm probably going to be doing a major site overhaul at some point with a more-integrated sales page and a more modern design and layout. I fear drifting from this almost late-'90s format because it's so simple, but I think it's about time to bite the bullet and use something that's more phone-friendly, too.

Comments