Local Flavor: Perfect Snow



This morning we got up a little late because... snow day! It's one for the kids, anyhow. I'll be busy in my workshop. Yesterday I got two Vega Style X tenor banjos (fancy stuff) ready for sale but today I have a mixed-bag of customer repairs to finish-up, planning mods for a couple of baritone-electric converts, and a rush build for a cigar-box fiddle. That's a weird one, isn't it?

Still, it's that perfect, snowman-making kind of wet, soft snow. I think I've persuaded the kids to evening-bonfire the Xmas greens I pulled off of the store and maybe we'll light-up some delayed New Year's Eve sparklers and run around like idiots, too.


I don't think Stewart will sell much of his syrup today. The roads are pretty heavy with drifts today.


Photos never do snow in the woods justice. I like how the snow becomes the replacement for leaves in winter. When wind has blown it all off and the branches are stark bare, the forest doesn't feel alive. When the snow is on it, it's like the trees are just hushed and sleeping. Humans are crazy to think such things.

Comments

Dave in CO said…
Thanks, Jake. I used to live in VT and miss it still. Love this post--Dave Camp