Parts: Various 1950s Bakelite Knobs



I scored a bunch of nice old bakelite knobs the other day off of some defunct electronic equipment from the '50s. They're for sale -- just give me a buzz on email or phone to let me know if any interest you. I figure $10 a piece for the hassle of mailing them, but you're welcome to make offers for sets of them.

Above is a Daka-Ware "chickenhead" knob with the triangular rear and screw-set  grip. I have three of these available.


Here's the same knob from the rear...


...and from below.

Next up...


...is a "P Co" chickenhead knob with squared ends. This has an allen-set adjustment on it instead of slotted screw-set. I have two of these available.



Here's the bottom of that.

And next-up we have...


...switch tips! These are sized the same as Tele-style barrel/tophat switch tips but are a simple cylinder with a little ridged edge around the top. They have a metal spring-tab in their mounting slot that helps hold them tight to a switch-lever. I have nine of these available.



Here's one on a 4-way switch for reference. They'd make a nice, classy-looking knob on an old Tele missing its knobs or a fresh build that wants to wear old bakelite.


Here's a shorter black "cupcake" knob with screw-set adjustment. I only have the one and it's Daka-Ware, too.




I also have these nifty white/cream "ACO" switch tips that would look nice on old Nationals, Chicago electrics, or even Strats in an oddball pinch. They have wear/age to them but are in good shape. I have ten of these.




Finally, I have this one, cool, slightly-oversized bakelite round knob. It has some coloration to the top but is in good shape. This would fit right in on a lap steel from the '30s/'40s.


Comments