Ephemera: High Hats


Another satisfied Montana-based Kay archtop customer -- late 1930s?



Vaquero style! 1930s.


I'm always surprised at how many old banjos had ribbons at the headstock. This one looks like a Buckbee or similar from around 1885.


Nice chair -- Oscar Schmidt bowlback, maybe? 1890s.


Banjo ukulele! Pith helmet! Pipe! Pennies! I don't know why, but I love it. 1930s?


The above fellow looks like a Russian 7-string guitarist from the 1920s.


Just like this happy couple, you too could have a Weymann mandolute! Probably 1920s.


I'm pretty sure the guitar in-hand is an old Martin 0 while the one on the floor looks like a Schmidt product. 1920s?


Someone looks like she got a mail-order guitar! Kay-built, I think, 1930s...


Meanwhile also in Montana, a man serenades his gals and dogs. 1930s


They're all lined-up to hear papa play! 1930s?


Microphones help date things -- this odd scene with the faux-facial-hair is from the 1950s.


And, of course, Lionel Hampton! Yesss. 1950s, too?

Comments

Reese said…
When I was very young, my Dad had a (malingering from the late 50s college) Kay guitar that I recall being very like the one in picture one here. I wish it hadn't gone away by about 1970.