Local Flavor: Full & Blooming


While we're still battling bouts of rain, school's out and the weather has been sunny for enough of the time that we're finally getting to really enjoy the outdoors. We got a parks-pass for our car the other week and I expect that means a ton of time spent down at Lake Dunmore with the girls swimming -- but it also means I hope I can drag the kids off to explore plenty of our other state parks.


These shots are from our (Bonnie's) garden last night. I'm learning the ropes on some new cameras. Both Bonnie and I have new cameras as we sold our current ones and moved-over. I swapped my Fuji X100F over to a Fuji X-T30 so I could leave a 50mm-equivalent lens on it for product shots 24/7 and she's now toting a Sony a6400. Different cameras for different flavors...! Both are fun to use and professional in feel and quality -- while still lightweight (a huge factor for us actually using them).

I still have a crush on weird-instrument-compatriot Dan T's Leica lineup, however, and someday maybe I'll fulfill that lust. But for now these suffice! Fixing guitars is not exactly something one does to get rich.



Can you spot the two grasshoppers on the lupines?




It's been hard for us to find roses bred for smell -- these creamy-colored ones smell like apricots. I could sniff that stuff all day...


Our "rustic" swings are still going strong, though at some point I'm going to need to replace the top bar. These kids are getting big.



Now for some shots from the Bonniecam -- the other day we took a quick walk (while the kids were at their last day of school) at one of our favorite turnoffs on Route 73.


The zoom kit lens with Sony is suprisingly-good for capturing tiny critters.


Brrrrrrrraaaap...



Yeah, I got my soul stolen, too!

Comments