Local Flavor: Garden Hunting, Seaside, Etc.


While I'm out in the yard and garden with the kids or working on projects, I try to keep a camera handy as there's always so much going on out there this time of year. Here's a nice "good guy" copter above. This first batch was shot on the wife's Sony a6400 with a big long zoom.



This butterfly almost blended right into the flowers.



Earlier today the kids and I were hauling-in cherries, red currants, raspberries, and thimbleberries. Tomorrow I'll be up in the cherry tree on a ladder once again... and probably the next day, too. I find it very peaceful to be up an aluminum ladder with my body stuck in a tree. Serious!


Over the last week I've also been trying out an extender tube on my Fuji X-T30 for macro shots in the garden. It's challenging, but I've managed to get some decent ones. I love this bee-thingy above and I enjoy the hunt for insects in our yard.



Bonnie's roses continue to pop-out in Technicolor wonder.



Our blueberries are coming-along, too.





On Monday the family went over to Hampton Beach State Park in New Hampshire. I adore seeing the girls have so much fun in the ocean. The kids and I stayed-in for 3 hours straight and I wound-up burned to a crisp. Ergh.




Comments

Ivan said…
I imagine that being on the ladder harvesting cherries allows you to focus on just that. No projects or phone calls or drop ins. Just you and the family and the cherries. It does sound peaceful. Aloe Vera Aloe Vera.