Local Flavor: Rumors of my death...



I know I've been hugely remiss in getting this blog updated. Thanksgiving was excellent for us -- visiting family and having cousins make a ruckus together. When we got back, though, sickness swept over our house. All last week we've been battling flu as it took each of us in turn. Finally, this Saturday, we were mostly back to normal, though. I'm still getting rid of my lingering "Vermont winter hack," however.

I'm hoping to get a lot of interesting gear up and posted by the end of the week, but the usual holiday rush has kept me busy packing and shipping instruments, so we'll see what all gets done. Today, so far, has been a wash, but I'm hopeful I can get something done before I close up.

How about that weather, though, everyone? It's been snowing, freezing, and melting in cycles up here. These shots are all from a few days ago when we had this surreal, thick, beautiful snow dropping like clouds of cotton over everything. It had the strangest texture -- fluff like a cottonball spread-out and open but with little odd clumps and tiny balls inside it. It looked fake -- like movie snow.







Comments

Unknown said…
Glad your getting back to normal,brother ����
Andy said…
with apologies in advance:

Oh, the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire's so delightful.
Since there's no place to go,
Restore that old double O.
Elasticman said…
I'm dreaming of a Kay Jumbo...
just like the ones I've never known...
where the bass notes rumble,
and fingers don't fumble,
cause Jake repaired it like his own.


Warren said…
Wow, I like that Elasticman! Jake, feel 100% well soon!
daverepair said…
Hi Jake, it's true I check your blog frequently, just to enjoy the latest batch of cool instruments! So, if several days go by, with no posts, i know you're busy, and when the next batch is posted...it will be twice as much fun!
Jake Wildwood said…
Thanks guys!! I liked the lyrics, too. :)