2000s Simon & Patrick Showcase Rosewood Folk Flattop Guitar




This guitar was just in for some saddle-slot-relocation (factory put it ~1/16" off-the-dot) and a setup, but I figured I'd snag a video so folks looking in the used market know what these boxes are all about.

To my hands, it feels like most other Godin (they make S&P as well as Seagull, Art & Lutherie, etc.) products -- competent and well-cut, CNC-the-same C/D shape to the back of the neck, and relaxed in the way it plays.

Unlike Seagull guitars (which I'm most familiar with), the sound is creamier and more balanced rather than aggressive or punchy. This reminds me a lot of new-style Celtic/UK-made guitars or, for a US comparison, older Gurians. It's a creamy/clean sound with warmth -- but not too much of it -- on the low-end.

The flatter radius of the board and the slim C/D neck shape are typically-modern in feel, so if you like and old-fashioned Fender or Gibson fit with a curvier board, you may want to look elsewhere.












Comments

Burnsey said…
I had a Art & Luthier Parlor guitar. Great guitar for the money, easy to play, much louder than what I expected from a parlor. It had a hairline crack in the top, I knew it when I bought it. Sold it (practically gave it) to a couple, he was headed into the military, they both played and wanted an acoustic. I also had a Godin 5th Ave, nice archtop, but i bought a nice Epiphone from you and since sold the Godin.