Back in the Shack: 1953 Martin 00-18 Flattop Guitar


Back in 2015, I sold this to a friend of mine who was on the Ultimate Martin ToneQuest(tm). Judging by how it came back here for consignment from him, he evidently got a lot of love out of it. I had to clean off a bunch of arm-gunk from the lower bout and top -- including some glitter that wasn't there before. Hmmmm.

Suffice to say, the world changes around folks and so it's up for sale. I don't say this lightly: this is (and was when I sold it) my favorite Martin that'd been through the shop. I'm a huge fan of '52 and '53 Martins -- they're my favorite years -- and this is perhaps my favorite model -- and it's an amazingly-good example of one in the tone and feel departments.

Anyhow, I've updated its original blog post with video, specs, and whatnot and it will be listed for sale at the shop page in just a bit (once we figure-out pricing). Check it out at that original post...

Comments