Yard Sale: Lots of Music Ephemera



I did a huge cleaning-out of my ephemera collection in the store (and redecorated in there, too) and in my storage boxes and it's time to let go of a bunch (don't worry for me, I still have oodles of it). If you're interested in any of this stuff, please get in touch and make an offer. I will be listing things individually on the site through the weekend, however.

So, first up is the above, a...

Collection of Gibson String Packets, 1950s-1970s:

Aside from what's shot in the photo, there are a few more packets in the box itself, too. There are guitar, classical guitar, and mandolin packets mixed in here.



Next is a...

Collection of Black Diamond String Packets, 1930s-1970s:




Moving on, I have a...

Selection of Various String Packets, 1880s-1980s:






And now on to a...

Selection of Various Instructional Books, 1920s-1960s:







Let's move on to some songbooks, however...

1940 Carson Robison's Buckaroo Song Book:


Carson was a Gibson endorser and his name was on several Kalamazoo-style models run through, as I recall, the Wards line. Click here and here to see.


Next, a rare bird...

1936 Wendell Hall's My Old Fashioned Scrapbook:


Wendell was really popular in his day and has a number of Regal-made endorsement instruments. Check out this Redhead uke and this Redhead uke, this TeeViola uke, and this Tara guitar (note: thanks J.D. Boyd for the Wendell expertise, there).


Next-up...

1956 Songs for Home Folks (Roy Acuff, Kitty Wells, Johnnie & Jack):


I can't remember how this one came by me, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. I'm a Kitty fan, myself.



Here's an odd one...

1940 Arkansas Woodchopper Square Dance Calls:


Known from the National Barn Dance, Arkie's book of calls and instructions (with photography throughout) is pretty entertaining...


Let's get to the heart of the matter, though...

1948 Hank Williams' Country Music Folio:





And if you're not a Hank fan, maybe you like...

1959 Johnny Cash Song & Picture Folio No. 1:





Last-up, I've got a couple magazines...

1966 Post Bob Dylan Issue:



And, finally...

1964 LIFE Beatles Issue (short article)


Comments