2004 Eastman 804 Carved-top Round-hole Archtop Guitar


This Eastman was just in for a level/dress of the frets and a setup, but I was impressed enough by its sound to snag a few pics. I was going to record a video clip but its owner showed-up to pick it up just a little too soon.

To cut to the chase: it sounds really good. I'm often nonplussed by many round-hole archtops, but this one has it -- that velvety, ka-chuck, thick-lower-mids sound but with less compression and a more open sound than a normal f-hole archtop. It's fun.

It's also a beaut, with classy finish and pretty wood throughout. The neck is slim and fast and reminds me a bit of Gibson electrics, interestingly-enough, from -- maybe -- the '70s. That 12" radius to the board helps to gain my favor, for sure.

So -- cheers to you, Eastman. Well done.












Comments