1920s F.A. Rauner "Banana-Band" Harmonica (Modded)

A customer of mine sent this in as a gift -- thanks! It's a neat, banana-shaped harmonica shell that was routed for its original, curved, custom harmonica. I can't imagine it sounded all that great considering the way the originals look on various auction sites... but... it's the idea! The novelty.

I re-routed it to accept a normal-size Lee Oskar or Hohner harp and stuck in a Lee Oskar low D. I still need to clean-up the edges a little bit, but I think it's quite serviceable.

It looks hilarious and keeps the kids (and me) happy. In fact, I was down at our river yesterday, dipping my feet in the chill water, and playing this while Elsa bounced up and down the beach.

Apparently these were originally made by "F.A. Rauner" in Germany.



Comments