Local Flavor: Long Days, Closed Books, Sun-Be-Here


I've lately been putting in a lot of long, long days trying to simply get things done. I don't think I'll ever not be eons behind in my work, though.

Because I'm tired of disappointing customers with forever-delays, I've decided to put "on hold" any new repair or consignment customers until 2022.

The local or while-you-wait "clinic" work will continue as normal, though -- setups, fretwork, adjustments, minor repairs -- I'm here for that. I always figure that roughly a third to half of my bench time in a week is allocated to the "clinic" side of the business. It's also the side most readers don't get to see, unfortunately.

If you have a prearranged schedule of repairs or longer-term consignment work done through me, this also does not apply to you -- we've talked about it or have an understanding. Buzz me if you need reassurance!

If you're a new (or hopeful?) customer and really want me to work on your instrument despite a far-off completion date, please get in touch. I don't really want to have any more instruments in storage here at the moment but I will be starting a "ticket" system for new customers as-of now. You can reserve a place in line and I will contact you when I'm getting closer to actually being able to do the work. It wouldn't be binding on your side.

All that blather aside, how was your weekend, everyone? We've been enjoying the breath of spring finally taking-over up here. Kids and adults in our house got to hunt for eggs on Sunday and we managed to get outside a bunch as well.

I actually got to spend a good hour laying-out in the sun on a blanket listening to music on headphones. Am I in high school again? I can't remember the last time I did that.

Included are some photos from the Nat'l Forest CCC walking spot on Route 73 -- a regular haunt of ours.






Kid's-eye-view of coffee-wielding egg-hunters...

Comments