Local Flavor: Painting Windows, Pumpkin Boats

Oh, dang, is fall coming! Cool nights, 60-70 degree days, drier air, misty mornings... I love this season but the looming jaws of winter are never far behind it. The colors have yet to turn brilliant but they are starting. Above is last night in the Hollow.

The kids brought home a nice, sore-throat nasty bug from school last week and so we all got COVID-tested (negatives) and had a bit of a hang-out the last couple days. Due to the crazy influx of recent gear and accompanying crazy sales, all I've done so far the last few work days is list instruments for sale, chat about them, and ship them. Today is my first day back on the job of fixing gear and I'm actually psyched to push into some more local gear needing attention.


The inlaws and I started painting trim last week -- we did the shop-side downstairs windows, caulked them, scraped them, and painted them. Just this Monday I went up on the porch roof and did all eight of the upper-story ones. I really felt that in my right arm and legs the next day -- it's always awkward to be spending hours on a slope!

Next-up are the porch posts and trim and the remaining windows and door frames as well.


Feel free to take your photo as a viking while you're here, too!



This year's pumpkin boat races were more of a "pumpkin boat float" as one hull was severely compromised and thus it was not a fair competition.



We did manage a quick walk in the woods after working on the windows last week, though...


Just for fun: here's an entire flannel shirt I pulled from a Teisco bass.


...and here are two pictures Bonnie and Elsa were working on a few weeks back...

Comments