2020 Gibson Les Paul Junior Electric Guitar


This Les Paul Junior is near-new but it's built so close to the original specs (size, shape, feel-wise) of the '50s originals that it does confuse my mind a little bit playing it. The neck shape is that medium-heft C with the tighter old-fashioned radius and the appointments are all correct. I mean -- I really like this guitar. That doesn't happen too often with new-repro instruments for me.

It does help that it has just a little mild wear to it and that the lacquer has finish-cracked on the upper-bout top a bit, too, giving it a slightly-older look despite its otherwise-cleanliness.

It arrived here for consignment essentially ready to go and all I had to do was give it a few mild adjustments before it was playing spot-on and clean. The pickup is raunchy and pure P90-crank, as you'd expect, and the fit and finish throughout is good.

It comes with all sorts of goodies, too -- a plush hard case, factory photo of the instrument in completion, original sales material, and all that good stuff. There's even a truss wrench and Gibson multi-tool stuffed in there.

Repairs included: mild setup.


Body wood: solid mahogany

Bridge: stop-tail, non-compensated (but intonation is really close for all strings)

Fretboard: rosewood

Neck wood: mahogany

Pickups: 1x Gibson P90 single-coil


Action height at 12th fret: 1/16" overall (fast!)
String gauges: 9s, I think -- I can restring/setup as desired

Neck shape: medium C

Board radius: ~10-12"

Truss rod: adjustable

Neck relief: straight

Fret style: medium


Scale length: 24 5/8"

Nut width: 1 11/16"

Body width: 12 3/4"

Body depth: 1 3/4"

Weight: 7 lbs 6 oz


Condition notes: it's essentially new save for a couple of extremely minor dings and some finish hairlines in the topcoat lacquer -- I've photographed the areas they're in with glare highlighting them.


It comes with: an original brown/pink plush case, sales and warranty and factory information cards, a good black strap, truss wrench, Gibson multi-tool, and other odds and ends.























Comments

Alamo seed said…
My first guitar I learned how to play when I was 9 was a 56 junior exactly like this that I pulled out of my father's closet. This thing was beat to hell but the action and the intonation was setup by apro jazz player my father new strings lowered with 10s and it was fast as hell and strong and rugged and sounded like thunderkiss 1965! It rocked and taught me how to play and I sold that thing so regretfully to this day this day for $1000! Found out later it was worth 10 times that at the time I will NEVER EVER SELL A GUITAR I BUY EVER FUKING AGAIN. THAT ONE WAS A LOVE AFAIR THAT WILL NEVER BREAK AND MISS AND CAN NEVER REPLACE.! Her sound and playability has been unmatched by anything I have ever played since. And I've played them all. Thesimplist design was the baddest ass roar p 90 I have ever heard. Period. My youngest son plays a 2010 junior reissue and it's a little darker not quit broke in and set up right yet but it's his not mine he will get there!!