Workshop: Decoboom "Tiger Tide" P-Bass Pickguard

I bought this bass back in 2018 and have been using it non-stop ever since. I'm pretty sure it's a late-'70s Tokai.

It's had its original white pickguard on it for ages and I figured it was time for an upgrade. I was hemming and hawing over gold or tortoise pickguards but, as I'm a fan of Decoboom kit, I decided to grab their reverse-engraved interpretation of of a firestripe pickguard style that they call "Tiger Tide." I didn't want a pattern that was too up-front because I use this instrument for all sorts of musical situations and wanted it to fit-in no matter what.

I'm sharing because there aren't a whole lot of photos out there on the net with this pickguard style on it so it might be useful to folks browsing their selections. I like it a lot -- it's subtle but definitely a lot more luxurious at a glance than the average tortoise pickguard.

It has a dark brown/deep red background with a medium-red foreground.



Comments