Vintage Flavor: There by Air (2005)

My Dad bought his old Cessna (small plane) in '04 and in '05 he moved out to New Mexico for good -- a place he's long-loved and still lives. I flew with him when he ferried his plane out and these are some shots from that trip. This first one was a surreal and true-color shot of a sunrise in Nebraska at a strip we had to overnight at due to bad weather, as I recall.

Here are some Nebraska fields (also true color) to go along with it...


Before that, though, we were over Niagara Falls...

...the various Great Lakes...

...and visiting my Grandma and Her Man in Wisconsin.

Eventually we wound-up in New Mexico and its "painted colors" truly look ludicrous from the sky.




I think this shot was when we took "Henry" down to my Dad's mechanic near Albuquerque for a check-up.

Here's the old man at the wheel, too, of an ancient Suburban. He used this to tow his Avions (of course he uses Avions) until it up and died real hard a few years ago. I loved driving that Suburban out there. It was a guzzler but a thrill just the same. Vrummmm...

Finally, he got his plane tied-down up in Lindrith. I believe he flew back while I drove his Explorer back.

This is a shot of part of his place in Gavilan.

There's a whole fleet of dried-up old cars on his friend Todd's place out there, too.







Comments