Local Flavor: Finally Blue Skies


I don't know what it's like for everyone else on the East Coast, but up here the weather has been finicky. We got a brief burst of that perfect warm-day, cold-night "sugar season" (maple, that is) weather a couple weeks ago and then got inundated with bone-chill, grey-sky, winter weather for a time. It was like getting a beautiful double shot of espresso but then following it up with hours of guzzling cheap vodka. I call it axe murdering season for a reason...

Anyhow, it was gorgeous today and yesterday and the mood is greatly lifted around here. Sales have been stupid-busy and my repair schedule continues to grind forward in-between house projects. I was extremely wiped-out on Monday after spending all day and night plugging-away at tile in the bathroom but it's getting closer to an end. The floor is now set and grouted and I'm waiting for 2 AM so I can wipe the haze off... oh, Dad stuff, right?

Foot view one...

Foot view two... now up behind the house.


There are these wonderful glacial boulders up there and it's hard to tell the scale in the photos... but they're massive. That's a big ridge of the stuff running south.

Of course, critters sneak-up on you from behind them, too.

Our hallway is a mess from a mix of building projects but Rosie has been keeping me entertained whenever I step-out for a break.

Here was a victory shot from Sunday night.

On Monday, though, I went to go grab a tile saw so I could make shorter work of all the subway tiles and glass tiles going-up on the walls. I spotted this cool old Buick in the Home Depot parking lot.

This evening I finally got back to our jam group, too, after 3 weeks missing it. It felt really good to play bass for a couple hours and dissolve into music-conversation-time. We've had a few new faces around the jams and that's been good to see happening, too.

Comments

Phillips said…
I feel ya Jake..moving up here to the NEPA region has just about the same weather and can really play on ya..rain rain rain...BUT warmer days are ahead finally and keep doing the things you love.