Local Flavor: Walking Up-Back

Oona had been fairly excited about going "up top" behind the house for a few days, now, so we finally got a chance to hike up in back as a family today. I then spent the rest of the day chore-ing and tiling the bathroom some more but still have tomorrow ahead of me before I finish. So close!

The terrain is straight up and down and craggy. While the kids and Mama hung-out and ate apples and snacks and drew a bit in their sketchbooks, I took my apple to go and tried to find a way up a pine-covered cliff-face. I did find a way up but I wasn't about to use it while a terrified family looked-on. Next-time!

In-person, this is a 50' or so cliff and it's a crazy jumble of greys, blues, and greens.


Shots in the woods don't really give an idea of the view or the depth, unfortunately. This is almost at the summit of the "mountain" (read: big hill) behind the shop and one can look way down the valley from up here.


I always love seeing "bug rot ogham" in the trunks...

Comments

Rob Gardner said…
Pretty dramatic up there above the shop. It is hard to see from the road, but it is amazingly rugged. And you know, all our big hills are mountains...