1957 Martin D-18 Dreadnought Guitar

This killer old D-18 was in for repairs recently. The owner just wanted some cracks repaired and tweaking to get it playing better but I threw-in a neck reset, bridge reglue, and fret level/dress as well. I wanted this thing humming because it's clearly lived a glowing sort-of life. I mean -- check out the wear to this sucker!

It's, of course, a great-sounding box post-repairs and it was not half-bad before them, too, though guitars always feel a bit muffled when there's no saddle height left and the action is high.

The owner is a lefty who plays righty guitars (flipped) and while he can't claim to be the only one to have made all that washboard pickwear, I imagine he can own-up to a bunch of it! He's played this for decades, as I recall, and strings it with mediums and attacks it bluegrass-fashion.

Yes, it's a winner.














Comments