2021 Dean EC BKB Classical Guitar



This Dean was a trade-in but I've got to admit that it sure sounds great. At its price-point new (~$330) it has a lot going for it -- a solid, fan-braced, spruce top, neat "greyburst" finish, rosewood fittings, and snazzy looks. At its price now (~$200 lightly-used), that's even better. I'm so used to all-ply classical guitars on this side of the market!

Its tone is even, balanced, and sweet. I think it makes a great folksy or flamenco instrument, but it doesn't have the depth and boom I expect from a "concert classical." Then again, I tend to prefer the drier, brighter sound of a folk-style classical myself as I'm mostly strumming or fingerpicking chords on them and I do not enjoy an overly-dark nylon-string sound.

After a quick setup, it's now playing spot-on and is ready to go.

Repairs included: setup.


Top wood: solid spruce

Back & sides wood: ply mahogany

Bracing type: fan

Bridge: rosewood

Fretboard: rosewood

Neck wood: mahogany

Action height at 12th fret:
3/32” bass 1/16” treble (fast, spot-on)
String gauges: mediums

Neck shape: medium C/D

Board radius: flat

Truss rod: adjustable

Neck relief: straight

Fret style: medium-wider


Scale length: 25 5/8"

Nut width: 2"

Body width: 14 5/8"

Body depth: 3 7/8"

Weight: 3 lbs 13 oz


Condition notes: it's "as-new" save a little light playwear near the soundhole and light handling-wear (a bit of light buckle-scratching on the back) throughout the body. It looks new at a glance, or just "shop-worn."
















Comments