2000s Vienne Model 225 4/4 Violin

I bought this from a local needing to boost her cash reserves. She'd purchased it out west somewhere in the last few years but I'm guessing from the wear and tear on the case, anyhow, that it was made in the 2000s. It's otherwise quite clean and only needed a little bit of setup work to get it playing fast and easy.

It's made from all the good stuff -- ebony fingerboard and fittings, 4 fine tuners, flamed maple back and sides, a nicely-grained spruce top, and figured maple neck. It's got a case and bow and is ready to go. While the label just bears the "Vienne Model 225 4/4" mark, I'm guessing this is a Chinese-made instrument. I can't find any information on the brand so I'm assuming it was a short run of instruments branded this way but built by one of the large "trade" makers over there.

It's a good-sounding fiddle despite its low-rent strings, however, and it's clearly well-made and accurately made. I'd gather it was probably a $500 or so "kit" when sold new. I had one very much like it around 2003 or so.

Full specs and extra details coming soon...

















Comments