2022 Allparts Kit Les Paul-style Electric Guitar


My buddy Todd got a good price on a used Allparts kit Les Paul that was only a little "started." He then proceeded to do it up proper.

He sent it out to Dakota Werth (I think that's who it was? ...please correct me!) out in Colorado (as I recall?) to get it sprayed in this iced-tea-cherry sunburst finish. He patched some bumbles from the previous kit owner. Yes, it's nitro. Yes, it has that "new nitro smell." While it was getting sprayed, he fetched the fancy Billy Gibbons Cream T "Whiskerbucker" pickup set, Gotoh hardware, and other bits to get it all put together.

Then his wedding approached and I was asked to finish it off for him. Yessir! In went the wiring harness, the frets got leveled/dressed, and everything got fit.

He got to play it for the first time the night before and bonded with it right away. It's turned-out a great guitar. It's solid mahogany in the body with a maple cap but the flamed bit on the top is just a thin veneer. It weighs about 8 lbs rather than the usual "scale cannot compute value" that I associate with Pauls.

The control plate on the back doesn't quite fit but I'm sure we'll solve that later. At the time I just didn't have time to cut a new one for him that was spot-on so I just used the one he had.











Comments