Local Flavor: Happy 4th Once Again!

Town was the usual wonderful spectacle it is most every year today. Despite the rumbling of an unhappily-divided country, I suppose we all know how to throw a decent party.

Our group of jammers played a 2-hour set today with a reading of the Declaration of Independence sandwiched in the middle. Note the first photo with me strolling-along picking bass, free and easy and wireless. A customer gave me a set of these transmitters and I thought I wouldn't ever use them but -- ya know what? I loved it.

Bonnie made strawberry shortcake for breakfast today and if that isn't the way to start a 4th of July before loading all your gear and heading to the park to setup at 9 AM, I don't know what is!

Here's Oona's massively-overloaded shortcake.

The kids had ice cream and candy on the park after the parade, too. Bonnie snagged this photo and it made me jealous because I couldn't stroll quite far enough away from the bandstand to sneak some myself.

Parade, you say? Well, Spider Man was there!

There were also a ton of saddle-sore cowpokes.

A massive fleet of kids on bikes filled the streets.

Fire crews from 4 towns blasted the kids with candy-rain.

The local Players had a kazoo marching band and my friend Todd played amplified(!) tenor banjo for them.

The classic cars were scant but CV Oil's old chevy pickup did make an appearance.

You can always count on an old engine to show-up, too.


Meanwhile, at home, I've been working on some new material.

I've been having a hard time staying awake at night for recording, though, because the wolves keep drinking my coffee.

Dan T -- note the Leica coasters! Someday, buddy.

Comments

Greta said…
Looks like a slice of heaven.
Dave in CO said…
I came to say how much I loved the bass, but when I scroll through the pictures, I love it all. Looks lovely.
Michael Mulkern said…
What an idyllic place to celebrate the 4th. Thanks for giving us some respite from the endless barrage of scary news headlines.