Local Flavor: Berries, Sunsets, Taiko, Concerts

As is normal, summer continues to be busy, though lots of fun things have been going on as well. I've been doing sound for a number of concerts and so I've been getting to see a lot more live music and the family and I managed to get out and about a little bit over the last week in-between the kiddos doing theater camp in town.

The above shot is from sunset on Blueberry Hill up in Goshen, VT. The blueberries are simply not growing this year. It's too dry and sad, I suppose. There are small patches of blackberries here and there, though, which the kids and Bonnie kept hunting-for after I got bored stooping for them. Instead I rambled-on up to the top of the hill which I'd never done before (usually too tired from picking!) and that means that I'm going to need to go back for a walk up there because the path leads (alluringly) into the woods when you get near the summit.

Above is from up top.

I love the meadow flowers throughout the area.



The kids are growing way too fast -- here's Oona taking a break.

Here's Elsa being mysterious.

There's a sort-of formal-looking stand of birch midway up the hill which always makes me think that an estate should be around the corner somewhere.

Meanwhile, last week was the annual Pete Seeger Concert up in Hancock, VT, with members of his family. We had to do it inside again (sigh) this year because of the thread of rain. That's Tony Seeger front and center.

It's always a good crowd.

The day before, the Burlington Taiko drummers came down to perform for us. That was a good time and there's a video I shot down at the bottom if you'd like to hear...

Comments