2008 PRS DGT Electric Guitar

This is a local customer's PRS in for some repair and setup work. It's like... a perfectly-optimized Les Paul-style guitar, I suppose. Whammy? Check. Mid-'60s-sounding humbuckers? Check. Gibsonish neck profile and feel of the late '50s? Check.

Those pickups do sound painfully good, by the way. It's extremely rare that I pick up a guitar with buckers, strum an open chord at the neck pickup, and get wowed by the tone. This one does it and I can see why the PRS literature states that they went through 40+ sets of pickups before settling on this particular wind and style.

So -- I took pics so I could share the fancy-pantsy-ness of this slugger. Flamed maple for miles! ...and the binding, too! "Open" birds! And, you know, it has the miles and miles of playwear and hard traveling on it to make it friendly, too. This one's inviting.










Comments