Local Flavor: Fairtime

September and October are "country fair" time up here in Vermont as the harvests are brought-in and we settle-in for heating season. These shots are all from back in early September -- the above one is from the Tunbridge World's Fair, one of those long-running annual fairs, this year in its 150th.


Yeah, you won't get me on those torture swings, though I did ride the carousel (my favorite) as well as a roller coaster and the ferris wheel.


Elsa remains a devil to the end...


Oh, hello down there!

The fair food looks just as dodgy from up on high, though the cannoli stand was amazing.

Rochester's Harvest Fair was also going-on just a bit before Tunbridge. Here's myself, Todd, and Ken as a bizarre little instrumental trio to end the day's music events.

My friend Greg Ryan also played and then played as a duo with Christine Meagher:

I wish I'd remembered to pack my better mic for the iPhone, though, for that video.

Acoustik Ruckus was also there!

Granville Daze was up there, too.

There was a Joplin-sounding rock band that showed-up midday...

...and my friend Susie opened the whole thing up for us.

The kids absconded with my phone for a bit and when I checked the photos, later, I found this entry into the diorama/flower show. Some surprises are welcome, as I totally missed this whole display.

Comments