Chief's Log: Storedate 7.22.12.3

Today we have repair-victory faces in the shop! It was definitely a “Clubhouse” atmosphere today, as Reese would say. I don’t think I ate anything similar to lunch until around 3:30 it was so hopping.

This is Apprentice Ancel Coburn after a grueling 7...? more...? ...ours slaughtering this cheap Romanian freebie guitar and turning it back into an instrument.

He heated the buggered tenon-joint neck out, reset it with bolts+shims+glue, made a new saddle, leveled/dressed the frets, and set it up. I told him I had to snag a photo and he waited for just the right moment for an emotional turmoil-laden, exhausted-psyche look to cross his face. Onward!


My friend Chris Walsh brought his bud (with the ‘70s Alvarez dreadnought)...

...and son (with the ‘59 Guild M-20, both after setups) in today during festivities.

Also: I love getting customer artwork! My walls are getting more and more of it each year.

Thank you, too!


Obligatory cat: yesterday Rosie pulled one of our family “art scrolls” out of our art cubby, unrolled it, and turned it into her yoga mat.


It’s bonfire season! Big Sis had a birthday party in the shop (and in the house, too) on Sunday and we had a killer fire and cocoa outside, too. There’s nothing like warming yourself by the fire and mooning over the moon.

Comments