2022 Fender American Vintage II '72 Telecaster Thinline Electric Guitar

This is, for all intents and purposes, a new AVII Tele Thinline that can only be called as-new. I remember just a couple months ago when I paid-out the owner a consignment check and he was excited over paying this guitar off. Hah! What fickle beasts we are! I get it, though -- sometimes things don't work out for your tastes for whatever reason. Fortunately for me, I'm an absolute sucker for Wide Range pickups and Thinline Teles so a guitar like this -- in ding-dong Lake Placid Blue -- is in a bit of a sweet spot for my desires.

And -- would you guess it? -- it matches the desires of plenty of other folks, too. After hanging this out in the racks for consignment, electric players were making a beeline for it when they came in the door. It's pretty and it's got a certain amount of charm.

The neck is very-much "vintagey" in feel and cut and also quite fast. The factory setup was pretty good as well and I only had to tweak it a little bit to get it dialed-in just-so.

Repairs included: a setup.


Body wood: ash

Bridge: 6-saddle

Fretboard: maple

Neck wood: maple

Pickups: 2x Fender CuNiFe wide-range humbuckers


Action height at 12th fret: 1/16" overall (fast, spot-on)
String gauges: 46w-10

Neck shape: slim-med C

Board radius: 7 1/4"

Truss rod: adjustable

Neck relief: straight

Fret style: medium


Scale length: 25 1/2"

Nut width: 1 5/8"

Body width: 12 5/8"

Body depth: 1 3/4"

Weight: 7 lbs 3 oz


Condition notes: it's pretty-much as-new. I can't find any wear and tear other than the fingerprints I keave when I'm handling it, but it's possible there's a tiny scratch here and there in the finish that I didn't notice.


It comes with: an original fancypants G&G hard case.






















Comments