Chief's Log, Storedate 1.23.1.23

Every time someone asks me to fix a keyboard problem that sounds reasonable (“the power jack is damaged”) I realize there’s a reason I fix guitars. How many screws removed does it take to get to this PCB-mounted, ludicrously-underbuilt 12v socket?

I just soldered the replacement in (now 1/28) and look forward to 20 minutes putting it back together, now...


This is just one reason why traditional resonator neck joints are stupid. Not only was this heel already damaged due to its fragile nature (it wasn’t my old repair, FWIW), the tiny little tang of the dowel that goes into heel came loose after some time, too.



So… cleaned-up and epoxied back in, but why not make these things neck-throughs? It wouldn’t be that hard…


Todd brings Ancel and yours truly some Cokes when he shows-up on Saturdays to destroy his projects. We snowed ours for later! Thanks, T!


Getting a rig ready for a solo show… been ages! I'll be down at The Wild Fern on February 10th to play.


More hands makes more small projects complete. I’m starting to see a place in the far future where perhaps I’m not backed-up 2-3 years constantly.


Here's Heather picking up her toys. Here's toy 1 and here's toy 2. This is the face everyone pulls when the toys are done! I love it!


We finally got down to Connecticut for a couple days to visit family for a "very late Xmas" (where the kids got some fresh skates) and we also picked-up kitty number three, Ms. Lola...


My Mom had adopted her but the dog/cat situation was not panning-out so she's exiled up here in Vermont and, so far, is adapting to Wildwood living just fine. Elsa calls her the "under the bed monster."


While down in CT we played "Risk Europe" which is set in medieval times and has much more complicated rules. We never got to finish the game, but as The New Genghis I was only one city-capture away from victory. Yip...!

Comments

Michael Mulkern said…
Genghis Khan he sure enjoys
Reconstructing misfit toys
And every time we make good noise
We’ll raise a glass up to him