1950 Gretsch 6185 Electromatic Hollowbody Electric Guitar

What? An unfinished guitar? Well... so I worked on this for Collar City Guitars and Peter (the owner) found the pickup coil was dead. He yanked the harness and pickup and brought it up here while the DynaSonic pickup was out getting rewound. I'd ordinarily not post something like this, but it's an interesting guitar in that it's all original but has a few quirky features -- including a narrow, factory-cut nut width (which I've seen on another same-period Gretsch from the same year).

Work included a neck reset, fret level/dress, replacement bridge (I had an old Gibson topper and I made a base for it with old brass adjuster wheels), and setup work. I added a ground for the wiring harness, too, for when Mr. Peter gets his pickup back.














Comments