1991 Gibson J-30 Dreadnought Guitar

Mr. Creston Lea sent this down via a mutual fellow-in-guitars and then I brought it back up to him on Tuesday when our little team visited him up in Burlington. He had it down for a pickup swap but I also leveled and dressed his frets to help with a bit of a ski-jump over the body.

I've gotta say, I was impressed when I opened the case. He'd told me several times it was a J-30 in there but, if your brain works like mine, that didn't mean anything until I opened the case and thought, "oh, I love this model!" I know a couple more that live in-state and my favorite thing about them is that they sound properly Gibson, have good volume and a chunky punch, are comfortable to play, and seem to hold-up really well compared to other flattops they made around the same time.

Anyhow, here are just a few glory shots. I slapped a K&K Twin Spot in there and I'm hoping it's a nice upgrade to the frustrating undersaddle that was installed previously.










Comments