1988 Ovaiton Elite 1718 000-Size Guitar

This is a customer's guitar that was just in for some crack repairs and setup. It's an American-made Ovation Elite and features an Adamas-looking top and brown-colored "bowl" with tonebar/fan-style top bracing. Just like in the video, it's a deep-sounding cannon in real life.

I've long been an Ovation fan and I love the handling of their older necks and the good, throaty, clean sound to their bass and mids. The deep-bowl, Balladeer-style bodies definitely tend to have that "stone tossed in deep water" kind-of tone to them.

Anyhow, I figured I'd share this one. There aren't a whole ton of these shoulder-holes Elites out there in my patch of the mountains and it's nice to see an older one still kicking and making music for its owner. It could use a level/dress of the frets but the setup is spot-on and the neck angle and saddle height are good to go.











Comments