2010s Ibanez GM500CE Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Classical Guitar

While this is outwardly a normal "acoustic/electric classical guitar" I think it actually has more in common with the Taylor-style "crossover" classicals than not. It has a fast, easy neck profile with a radius to the board and a soundhole design and trim that's something I expect to see more on a traditional steel-string flattop. I like it a lot because of that -- it's a little more understated and a lot less clunky to play for someone used to a steel string feel.

At any rate, this was just in for customer repair -- somehow it lost its tuners (so I popped-in some parts-bin freebies), the saddle was missing, and its electronics were wonky. It could still use a decent level/dress of the frets, but it set-up decently despite it and now it's playing nicely.

The top appears to be solid cedar but I'm guessing the back and sides are ply.













Comments