1966 Rickenbacker 360/12 Electric 12-String Semihollow Guitar

This guitar was a treat to work on, of course. It's a gorgeous piece of guitar sculpture, for one, and interesting, of course, as it's a Ricki and Rickis are all very "personable" instruments, I think. I will admit to one sin -- I forgot to put all of the rubber grommets back on the pickup plates before I shot the pictures, so please don't crucify me for that. I was in the middle of attempting to get some fresh ones from the hardware store as the originals are starting to not compress nicely.

The owner was worried that this guitar might need a neck reset but in the end it just needed a glorified setup -- a fret level/dress, some excavation of the truss rod nuts (and lube), and then setup-side work dialing-in the bridge and its compensation.

Post-repairs it plays beautifully, has remained stable in service, and I do believe the patient is ready to go home. In the video clip, I've got the "bass-rolloff" that's factory standard on the bridge pickup bypassed, but when it goes home that will be put back to standard and the "bypass" can be easily put into effect by twisting a pair of wires together under the pickguard.




















Comments