1930s Regal Size 5 Spruce/Birch Tenor Guitar

I've lost track of how many of these Regal tenors of this particular persuasion have been in. It's a lot!

This one was brought-in by a local consignor and a local buyer waited very patiently for me to get it ready for her. She requested GDAE "Celtic" tuning/stringing and I obliged. It wound-up getting a neck reset, fret level/dress, some seam and brace repairs, minor crack repairs to the top, side dots added, a new nut, and Gotoh 4:1 geared pegs fit to the headstock. I reset the neck to favor the original height of the original bridge and it now plays spot-on.

These instruments are very lightly-built and tend to have a warm, woody, loud, and saucy voice. They're almost "gypsy-jazz" in nature and can definitely keep-up in a jam group. They have a lot of attack and low sustain so folks used to playing tenor banjos will find the handling right at home...












Comments