1960s Harmony H1203 Sovereign 000-Size Guitar

I've lost count on how many H1203 Sovereign models I've had through the shop. There are two more of these upstairs in storage as I type this. They're always favorites of the Harmony-leaning folks around here because, I think, the look is so good on them. Early ones like this guy (the date stamp is illegible but it might be '63) lack the later pickguard and have the cooler, more-retro logo-style at the headstock.

This one arrived here in good order and did not take much to get it going. I gave it a neck reset and adjusted the saddle and Jose leveled/dressed the frets and set it up for the most part. It now plays spot-on and is ready to go. I like these as fingerpicking-centric instruments because the dry, woody, even sound suits that really well.

Repairs included: a neck reset, fret level/dress, and setup.

  • Weight: 3 lbs 12 oz
  • Scale length: 25 1/8"
  • Nut width: 1 3/4"
  • Neck shape: medium-fuller C/D
  • Board radius: 12"
  • Body width: 15 1/8"
  • Body depth: 3 3/4"
  • Top wood: solid spruce
  • Back & sides wood: solid mahogany
  • Bracing type: ladder
  • Bridge: rosewood
  • Fretboard: rosewood
  • Neck wood: mahogany
  • Action height at 12th fret: 3/32” bass 1/16” treble (fast, spot-on)
  • String gauges: 52w, 40w, 30w, 22w, 16, 12
  • Truss rod: adjustable
  • Neck relief: straight
  • Fret style: medium-lower

Condition notes: it's really clean and all-original, too. There are no cracks or damage and I reset the neck to suit the original saddle height. There may be small scratches and scuffs in the finish that I am glazing-over but it looks nice and clean to me.


It comes with: sorry, no case.


Consignor tag: MM














Comments