1972 Martin D-18 Dreadnought Guitar

I sold this guitar years ago (click here) but it recently came back in trade. My guy Andy has been lusting for a D-18, lately, and so this is now his guitar after we sort the further trading out. To get it ready for him as a stage-worthy player, he gave it a neck reset, new bridge, new frets, and a K&K pickup install with a healthy dose of advice from ye olde me in the process.

The result is a guitar that's now playing better than it probably ever has. It's got punch, cut, volume, and a great, classic, D-18 voice. We were lucky to have a newer repro Martin bridge with a similar color to the ruddy rosewood of the guitar itself -- it now looks as good as it should, too.














Comments

McComber said…
Thank you, Jake, for all of the master surgeon guidance. It took over 50 years for this northern farmhand to obtain a D-18, and now that I'm playing it, I'm finding that it's one of those guitars that will ride with you, into all sorts of barn dances, church mornings, tavern evenings, or summer concert greens. I love how it responds equally well to steel fingerpicks, flatpicks, & fingertips. I just find myself liking it and enjoying it more every day. You are a real blessing in this old world of ours.