2010s Milkman Half & Half 700w Hybrid Bass Amp Head

This Milkman Half & Half was built on the early side for this model. The owner told me he had it switched-over to speakon connections at some point, as I recall, or that it went back to Milkman for some adjustments of some sort to bring it in line with the current version of the model. At any rate it's a good bass head with pretty classic sounds. It has class D solid state power with a tube-driven preamp.

The preamp can be used to go DI to a board or recording rig and doesn't need a speaker connected to it to use it. So -- it can be used like a giant DI box if you like!

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the speakers in the shop were quite the right voice for the amp and so the demo video is a little lackluster. I was getting more of a punchy late-'60s Beatles sound out of the compatible bass speakers we had in the shop rather than the smooth, full sound I know it's capable of through the preamp.

I also think this amp would be a good choice for electric guitar if you're into a Fender clean sound. I know many of the company's amps are popular with steel and pedal steel players.

Anyhow, it's working well, in great shape, and comes with the original gigbag, too!







Comments