1955 Gibson LG-1 00-Size Guitar
Below is a '61 LG-1 we worked-on for the same owner (but I forgot to take pics)...
Overview: This '55 LG-1 came from a household that also had a '61 LG-1 along with it. My friend Owen got both of them as a pair and had us fix both. He's keeping this '55 and the '61 is going to his granddaughter, as I recall. Unfortunately, I forgot to snag pics of the '61 before it left!
For the folksily-minded, these guitars make killer fingerpickers and, as I like to remind people, Elvis was a big fan of the LG-1 and can be seen with one now and then throughout the '60s.
Repairs included: This guy got a bridge reglue, new saddle, neck reset, level/dress of the frets, various crack repairs, and setup work. Jacobi and I did most of the work, as I recall.


















Comments